Comparing Windows – What Should I Buy?
- Invest in a ENERGY STAR rated window; efficient energy saving windows may allow you to get a significant tax credit during the year of your purchase and installation.
- Windows with a warm-edge spacer system reduce heat loss and condensation.
- Multi-chambered sills increase the strength and protection of the window and provide added insulation.
- Quality block and tackle balance system; this eliminated adjustment or lubrication.
- Vinyl windows will never need painting.
- Look for windows that tilt in for easy cleaning.
- Sleek design windows allow for maximum glass area.
- Low profile hardware for more outdoor visibility and less distractions.
- 100% true white vinyl. Low quality vinyl material may have a “blue-ish” tint.
- Adequate wall thickness and multi-chamber construction.
- Heavy-duty hardware and components for higher performance and longer lifetime.
- Look for ISO 9001 certification verifying strict quality control.
- Look at warranty options.
- Style and material variety that will allow you to choose the right product that will fit the style of your house.
Contractor Customer Reviews Rating ( 0 to 5 scale) : 4.7 out of 5 based on 61 ratings. 61 reviews.